I don’t think we’d be adding much value by telling you that the foundation of healthy eating is cooking at home using fresh ingredients. You already know that. But it’s easier said than done.
What foods should I include? How can I keep it varied and interesting? How can I make it nutritious and delicious? And, most of all, how can I make it easy?
If you’re asking yourself one or more of these questions, we have something that will help – the BioMe Meal Builder.
Eating well needn’t be – shouldn’t be – complicated. In fact, simple is not only easier and less time consuming, it’s also better for you. Some animal-based food, some plant-based food, and some additional flavouring. Prepared and cooked simply and quickly. That’s all you need for a great meal.
The BioMe Meal Builder:
- Gives you 2,000,000+ different recipes to experiment with.
- Includes the most nutritious foods on the planet.
- Minimises complexity and time commitment while maximising taste and health.
- Enables weekly meal planning and efficient ingredient shopping.
- Improves your cooking skills.
- Allows you to personalise meals to your preferences and health goals.
- Is refreshingly low tech!
Here’s how it works.
To build a super simple, tasty, and healthy meal:
- Pick one food from each of the columns in Block 1 (green) – to combine together – and pick a cooking method.
- Pick one food from one of the columns in Block 2 (red).
- Pick one food from the column in Block 3 (blue).
- Get cooking.
More advanced techniques:
- If you have a bit more time, include one food from Block 4 (grey) and a cooking method. Or try combining two or more herbs/spices, marinades, or vegetables.
- If you want to reduce calorie intake (without feeling hungry), reduce the quantities of fats, oils, and starch.
- If you want to be really efficient, plan a 7-day menu each week and design your shopping list around the menu. No day ever need be the same!
- If you want to personalise your meals further, add more of your favourite whole foods, or remove foods you don’t like.
- If you want an easy lunch (to eat at home or take to work), cook double quantities for your previous evening meal and box up the leftovers.
- If you want to make breakfast as simple and varied as this, create your own Breakfast Builder.
Let us know how you get on.